And just like that, summer is over with the blink of an eye. Instead of a swimsuit, you may need a jacket. But have no fear! Chicago is a terrific place to find yourself in the fall — with so many seasonal activities to discover and an incredible amount of family events, you can’t lose! Whether you’re into the music scene, festivals, sports or just getting outside, the Chicagoland area has something for everyone. If you’re thinking of visiting Chicago, the fall is a perfect time to make a weekend out of it and discover the beautiful fall colors. Here are a few of our favorite events to get your planning started!
- Lincoln Park Zoo Fall Fest (last weekend in September, weekends in October plus Columbus Day) – Enjoy this FREE family event at the Lincoln Park Zoo and enjoy seasonal activities featuring a corn maze, pumpkin patch, hay ride, Ferris Wheel, inflatable obstacle course, pumpkin carving and more! Pumpkins will be available for sale daily. Bring your best costume for the Spooky Zoo Spectacular on October 28! For more details, please visit their website.
- Lincoln Square Apple Fest (September 30 & October 1) – Bring the kids and experience this fun, family event! Dozens of vendors participate, selling everything from candy apples, scarves and hats, fresh baked apple pies, hot apple cider and even apple pizza. Take the kids to the Kid Zone or relax in Giddings Plaza and enjoy the wonderful sounds of local musicians. There’s something for everyone at the Apple Fest!
- Pints for Pets (October 2) – Raise a glass for The Anti-Cruelty Society at Pints for Pets, held in the Brewer’s Lounge of Chicago hotspot Revolution Brewpub. Enjoy 2 hours of unlimited appetizers, Revolution’s five core house beers and exciting raffle prizes. Help Chicago’s animals most in need! To purchase tickets, please visit Revolution’s website.
- Open House Chicago (October 14 & 15) – Get a rare behind-the-scenes look at 200 of the City’s finest buildings during Open House Chicago. FOR FREE.
- Chicago Children’s Museum “Not So Spooky” October (weekdays & weekends in October) – Create your own creepy costume in the art studio, decorate a mini-pumpkin, explore a “Spooky” Backyard and even experiment with your own slime! For more information please visit the Chicago Children’s Museum website.
- Night of 1,000 Jack-o’-Lanterns (October 26-29) – More than 1,000 hand-carved pumpkins will light up the night at the Chicago Botanic Garden! Artists spend up to 15 hours sculpting a single pumpkin – some up to 150 pounds! The pumpkins will be staged along a pathway – encounter entertaining characters, watch live carving and view the ghostly trains along the way! For tickets and more information please visit the Chicago Botanic Garden website.
- The Haunted Halloween Ball at Navy Pier (October 28) – Join 3,000 revelers age 21+ at The Haunted Halloween Ball in the Aon Grand Ballroom at Navy Pier and dance to the beats of DJ Metro, the official DJ of the Chicago Bulls! To purchase tickets please visit their website.
- 4th Annual Mac & Cheese Fest (November 4) – This event is the real deal. A general admission ticket gets you an all-access pass to all things macaroni and cheese (over 50 different recipes!) AND 5 drinks! Even better, a portion of the ticket proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House. For more information, please visit their website.
Why spend extra bucks to stay in the congestion of Downtown Chicago or McCormick Place? Save up to 40% at each of the four hotels in Burr Ridge! Rated Chicago’s #1 suburb! When your feet are tired from standing or walking all day, and your head is full of new information…. and all you crave is a good meal and a comfortable bed, make your way to one of the four hotels in Burr Ridge; Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge, SpringHill Suites Burr Ridge, Extended StayAmerica Burr Ridge, and the Crowne Plaza Burr Ridge. Visit BurrRidgeHotels.com for more information.
Just 15 miles south of Downtown Chicago on I-55 and a half mile south of I-294, the hotels in Burr Ridge promise to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. We also welcome groups for large or small business meetings. Just contact the hotel of your choice to arrange for your conference space. Burr Ridge….four great hotels, four price points, plenty of great restaurants, free parking and a welcome break from the congestion and high prices of the big city. It’s Better in Burr Ridge!