With the seasons changing and the cool fall air changing the color of the leaves on the trees, there are so many seasonal activities around the area to discover with the whole family. Whether you’re into festivals, the music scene, sports or just getting out into nature, the Chicagoland area has something for everyone! And, if you’re from out of town, what better excuse to make a weekend out of it than to discover the beautiful fall colors in some of Chicago’s most historic neighborhoods. Here are a few ideas to get your weekend planning started!
- Lincoln Park Zoo Fall Fest (weekends in October plus Columbus Day) – Enjoy this FREE family event at the Lincoln Park Zoo and enjoy seasonal activities featuring a corn maze, pumpkin patch, hay ride, Ferris Wheel, burlap sack slide, live bands, pumpkin carving and more! Pumpkins will be available for sale daily. Bring your best costume for the Spooky Zoo Spectacular on October 29! For more details, please visit their website.
- Lincoln Square Apple Fest (October 1 & 2) – Bring the kids and experience this fun, family event! Dozens of vendors participate, selling everything from candy apples, scarves and hats, fresh baked apple pies, hot apple cider and even apple pizza. Take the kids to the Kid Zone or relax in Giddings Plaza and enjoy the wonderful sounds of local musicians. There’s something for everyone at the Apple Fest!
- Pints for Pets (October 10) – Raise a glass for The Anti-Cruelty Society at Pints for Pets, held in the Brewer’s Lounge of Chicago hotspot Revolution Brewpub. Enjoy 2 hours of unlimited appetizers, Revolution’s five core house beers and exciting raffle prizes. Help Chicago’s animals most in need! To purchase tickets, please visit The Anti-Cruelty Society website.
- Autumn Brews: Seasonal Beer Tasting in the Chicago Botanic Gardens (October 13) – Welcome fall with a few cold brews! Taste 2-ounce tastings of seasonally selected beers from 10 breweries and enjoy live music from the Live from the Garden Indie Concert Series. To learn more and to purchase tickets please visit their website.
- Architectural Open House (October 15 & 16) – Get a rare behind-the-scenes look at 200 of the City’s finest buildings during Open House Chicago. FOR FREE. For a list of the buildings, please visit the event’s website.
- Chicago Children’s Museum Halloween (every Friday – Sunday in October plus Halloween) – Create your own creepy costume in the art studio, decorate a mini-pumpkin, explore a “Spooky” Backyard and mix it up with other ghouls and goblins at the Monster Mash Dance Party! Kids can even trick-or-treat October 28-31 at the museum. For more information please visit their website.
- The Haunted Halloween Ball at Navy Pier (October 29) – Join 3,000 revelers age 21+ at The Haunted Halloween Ball in the Grand Ballroom at Navy Pier, which also includes access to the Saints & Sinners Halloween at Lakeview Terrace. To purchase tickets please visit their website.
- 3rd Annual Mac & Cheese Fest (November 5) – This event is the real deal. A general admission ticket gets you an all-access pass to all things macaroni and cheese (over 50 different recipes!) AND 5 drinks! Even better, a portion of the ticket proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House. For more information, please visit their website.
Why spend extra bucks to stay in the congestion of Downtown Chicago? Save up to 40% at each of the four hotels in Burr Ridge! Rated Chicago’s #1 suburb! When your feet are tired from standing or walking all day, and your head is full of new information…. and all you crave is a good meal and a comfortable bed, make your way to one of the four hotels in Burr Ridge; Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge, SpringHill Suites Burr Ridge, Extended StayAmerica Burr Ridge, and the Crowne Plaza Burr Ridge (opening Summer 2016). Visit BurrRidgeHotels.com for more information.
Just 15 miles south of Downtown Chicago on I-55 and a half mile south of I-294, the hotels in Burr Ridge promise to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. We also welcome groups for large or small business meetings. Just contact the hotel of your choice to arrange for your conference space. Burr Ridge….four great hotels, four price points, plenty of great restaurants, free parking and a welcome break from the congestion and high prices of the big city. It’s Better in Burr Ridge!