The fall is just around the corner. With the kids back to school and the cool fall breeze not too far away, celebrate the end of the summer with a long weekend filled with fun, food, and entertainment. Fun for the whole family! Here are a few of our favorites to get the planning started.
- 37th Annual Chicago Jazz Festival (September 3 – 6) – The oldest of Chicago’s free lakefront music festivals, the Chicago Jazz Festival will boast incredibly diverse live sets across its carefully-curated four days. All-ages are welcome and admission is free! Bring a picnic and join fellow jazz, funk and skat lovers at Millennium Park this Labor Day Weekend. To view the weekend’s complete lineup, please visit the Choose Chicago website.
- North Coast Music Festival (September 4 – 6) – Don’t miss out on the summer’s hottest music festival held right here in Chicago! Enjoy 3 days of non-stop jams by Widespread Panic, The Chemical Brothers, The Roots, The Disco Biscuits and so many more. To view the complete lineup and for ticket information, please visit their website.
- Chicago’s Best Summer WingFest (September 5) – The same great event you know and love but bigger, better and outdoors! Featuring more restaurants, live blues, games, a mini street market and craft beer. $40 gets you in the door with access to the above, plus all-you-can-eat wings from 30 to 40 of the finest wing spots in all of The Windy City. To view a list of the restaurants at the fest and to buy tickets, please visit the WingFest website.
- Motor Row Craft Beer & Wine Fest (September 5 – 6) – Be part of the inaugural fest this Labor Day weekend! The Motor Row District is home to at least three of Chicago’s hottest new craft breweries which inspired the festival. This is your opportunity to sample both microbrews and wines as well as blended cocktails — there’s something for everyone! For more information please visit the event website. This fest is not to be missed!
- Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival (September 4 – 7) – To kick off the Fall shopping season, The Magnificent Mile fuses fashion, food and fitness with a non-stop schedule of special events over Labor Day Weekend.
- The Magnificent Mile Chicago Women’s Half Marathon & 5K (September 6) – The only sporting event in the city to feature The Magnificent mile! Registered runners can look forward to exclusive offers and special perks all weekend long. Get ready to be magnificent! To register, visit the Magnificent Mile website.
Why spend extra bucks to stay in the congestion of Downtown Chicago? Save up to 40% at each of the four Burr Ridge Hotels! When your feet are tired from standing all day, your head is full of new information and all you crave is a good meal and a comfortable bed, make your way to one of the four hotels in Burr Ridge; Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge, SpringHill Suites Burr Ridge, Extended StayAmerica Burr Ridge, and the Oaks Hotel & Conference Center. And remember, just 15 miles south of Downtown Chicago on I-55 and a half mile south of I-294, the Burr Ridge Hotels promise to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Four great hotels, four price points and plenty of great restaurants, Burr Ridge is the place to stay.