Yes, it’s freezing cold. Yes, it’s extremely windy. Is it hard to be outside for longer than necessary? Absolutely. Luckily, Chicago has a long list of indoor activities that tourists and residents can enjoy during the frigid months of the year. Why not get some shopping in on the Magnificent Mile while the snow, wind and cold are in full swing? Plus, now you can skip the guilt of shopping indoors on a beautiful, sunny Chicago day! Here are a few of our recommendations for how to stay busy and entertained during the cold, winter months!
- Chicago Ale Fest (January 28) – A celebration of American Craft Beer in the Grand Ballroom at Navy Pier. Wave your flags, yes we can! Taste more than 150 American Craft Beers, enjoy grub from Chicago’s favorite food trucks and enjoy tunes spinning from an all-vinyl playlist. Grab your tickets here!
- Donut Fest (January 29) – YES. You heard it right. Donut Fest. Venue: 1st Ward at Chop Shop. You can purchase tickets here. Enough said.
- Chicago Restaurant Week (January 27 – February 9) – The 10th annual culinary celebration features special prix fixe menus starting at $22 for brunch and lunch and $33 for dinner. Check out the list of participating restaurants and don’t forget to make reservations! Over 350 participating Chicago restaurants, what’s not to love?
- Handmade Market at The Empty Bottle (February 11) – Check out an array of handmade funky jewelry, glass pendants, knitted items, handbags, clothing, paper crafts, and more at this crafting-gone-wild event in Ukrainian Village. Look out each month for new artists and items!
- Chicago Auto Show (February 11-20) – Get the first glance at some of the finest new cars in the industry at the country’s biggest auto show.
- Chicago Botanic Garden Orchid Show (February 11-March 26) – Shake off the winter blues by viewing more than 10,000 blooming orchids! Visit on Saturdays and Sundays and enjoy the opportunity to purchase orchids. What better way to spend a snowy Chicago Saturday?
- Adler After Dark (February 16) – Exclusively for adults 21+, this evening offers open access, unlimited shows and unique entertainment from 6-10 pm every third Thursday of the month, each month with a new theme. February’s theme: Cosmic Clue! It’s best to register ahead to save your spot on the Adler Planetarium website.
- Chicago Polar Plunge (March 5) – Ok. Not an indoor or warm event, but it benefits the Special Olympics. And, maybe we will get lucky and it won’t be snowing. Register for the plunge here.
Why spend extra bucks to stay in the congestion of Downtown Chicago? Save up to 40% at each of the four hotels in Burr Ridge! Rated Chicago’s #1 suburb! When your feet are tired from standing or walking all day, and your head is full of new information…. and all you crave is a good meal and a comfortable bed, make your way to one of the four hotels in Burr Ridge; Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge, SpringHill Suites Burr Ridge, Extended StayAmerica Burr Ridge, and the Crowne Plaza Burr Ridge (opening Spring 2017). Visit BurrRidgeHotels.com for more information.
Just 15 miles south of Downtown Chicago on I-55 and a half mile south of I-294, the hotels in Burr Ridge promise to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. We also welcome groups for large or small business meetings. Just contact the hotel of your choice to arrange for your conference space. Burr Ridge….four great hotels, four price points, plenty of great restaurants, free parking and a welcome break from the congestion and high prices of the big city. It’s Better in Burr Ridge!